This is a Favorite Books Read in 2009 from Family and Friends. Some titles might look familiar to you and others not. I’ve enjoyed compiling all of the reading lists. I’ve received numerous emails commenting on so many of the books my co-workers, friends, and family would like to add to their “list of books to read!” I’m glad I could pass along some “good reads” recommended by other people!
Challenge yourself in 2010: 1) Increase the number of books you read in 2009.
2) If you haven’t picked up a Young Adult, Middle Grade, or Children’s Book in a while – add one to your list for this upcoming year. Find out what their reading.
3)Read a book from a genre your not familiar with.
4) Not a member of Goodreads yet? Join today! www.goodreads.com
FAVORITE ADULT FICTION:
- The Girl Who Played With Fire, by Stieg Larsson – submitted by Kathy Parker and Ann Eckert
- The Help, by Kathryn Stockett – submitted by Kathy Parker, Steve Parker, Ann Eckert, Fran Rivett, Ronnie Uebel,and Kim Groleau
- Beat the Reaper, by Josh Bazell – submitted by Amy Novario
- The Reliable Wife, by Robert Goolrick – submitted by Laura Lamps
- The Thirteenth Tale, by Dianne Setterfield – submitted by Marcie Koehler
- Sarah’s Key, by Tatiana de Rosnay – submitted by Kim Groleau and Fran Rivett
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson – submitted by – Jane Riva and Ann Eckert
- The History of Tom Jones, A Foundling, by Henry Fielding – submitted by – Gordon Duguid
- Testimony, by Anita Shreve – submitted by – Ann Eckert
- Heaven’s Keep, by William Kent Krueger – submitted by – Linda at Marianslibrary’s Blog
FAVORITE ADULT NON-FICTION:
- For the Thrill of It: Leopold, Loeb, and the Murder That Shocked Chicago, by Simon Baatz – submitted by – Kathy Parker
- Still Alice, by Lisa Genova – submitted by – Amy Novario
- The Audacity to Win, by David Plouffe – submitted by Laura Lamps
- Trust Agents, by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith – submitted by Anne at Marianslibrary’s Blog
FAVORITE YOUNG ADULT BOOK:
- Prophecy of the Sisters, by Michelle Zink – submitted by Kathy Parker
- Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins – submitted by – Amy Novario and Jen at Marianslibrary’s Blog
- Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer – submitted by – Laura Lamps
- The Graceling, by Kristin Cashore – submitted by – Anne at Marianslibrary’s Blog
FAVORITE MIDDLE GRADE READ:
- The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman – submitted by – Kathy Parker
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling – submitted by – Laura Lamps
FAVORITE CHILDREN’S BOOK:
- The Gingerbread Pirates, by Kristin Kladstrup – submitted by – Kathy Parker
- The Journey to World’s End Storybook with Compass, by Tisha Hamilton – submitted by – Laura Lamps
- And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon – submitted by Jane Riva